Tuesday 18 January 2011

Where is the jogger?

Tring Tring Tring, the alarm bell screamed, I jumped out of the bed. Thank god, it's morning and I woke up to take my 5 km long jog. I ran out of my building compound, felt a little charged up, then I ran up to the nearest garden, felt my rhythm coming back, then I ran to pottery factory, felt a little tired, however I kept running till I reached MLB college where I brother used to knock off a few heads with his bouncy deliveries.
I thought of stopping for a moment but then kept going to reach the Shiv Temple. I thought this is it, I cannot hurt myself more and thought of walking back home. Some people say walking is also a good exercise. Cetrainly not for a 19 year old with a zillion liters of adrenaline oozing out of the nerves. So, I kept going, till I completed my 6kms run and reached back home. I know 6kms is nothing and a teen should run at least same number of miles which can match up to his years. However, it was still a major achievement, given the personal barriers that I had broken during those days.
I started with a km and increased my limit up to 6 without a break. That did hurt my knees and my physio cum sports mate cum mentor cum tormentor brother shouted at the top of his voice and admonished me for running on hard grounds but I guess, I was too much inspired by Rocky Balboa's run and thought of outdoing him someday. Highest certification of supreme stupidity, I know but cannot take away the credit of dreaming big once from my mostly dormant these-days-mind.
 
How I hated sleep and loved the first rays of the sun. However, it was back in late 1990s. It has been more than 10 years since then and I have doffed off all such healthy habits and donned a lot more extra pounds. I have used the excuse of torn ligaments to console my grieving soul which craved for a healthy body. However, somewhere deep down in the unexplored territory of my heart, I knew that I am going the wrong way. I very much was in accordance to the doctor's advise to not exert too much pressure on my knees, still they were not as fragile as I made them to look.
I also knew that I cannot run 6 ks again on the very first day of my jog and I have to build my stamina step by step but somehow I embraced the laziness as my second cousin. Unhealthy food habits contributed to my zest for unhealthiness.
On my 30th birthday, I hope that I am still in a position to say  "Let bygones be bygones" and nothing can be done about the sins committed in the past. However, as wise people say, the process of atonement can work wonders, I rest my unhealthy lifestyle here by and would like to begin my search for that missing jogger. He must not be that far and I am sure some effort in finding him will justify it's worth. I will keep you posted about the results of this search.

4 comments:

  1. Didn't know you turned 30 :D ... my condolence :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for shouldering the pain bro!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so when is your next jog going to be?:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Random Thoughts- It happened this sunday and I hit the gym too

    ReplyDelete